Hi....i'm newbie...you always use a certified and qualified mechanic or technician to service your car – this ensures the best possible results, and can help maintain your vehicle`s warranty. However, there are some things you can do to keep your car running smoothly.
1. Please refer to your owner`s manual before you start any maintenance, as it will contain vital information specific to your vehicle.
2. Have the right tools for the job. It can be dangerous for both you and your vehicle if you try to use the wrong tools.
3. Know how to handle chemicals. Oil and gasoline are dangerous materials, and should never touch your skin.
4. If you`re cleaning any part of your engine at home, keep a drainage pan under the engine to capture any residue and follow local ordinances regarding disposal of engine oil and related liquids.
5. Parking brake should be on, and the gearshift should be in park.
6. Do not work on a hot engine!
7. If you`re not sure about any aspect of a repair or maintenance procedure, please consult a professional mechanic or technician.
Auto Loan | Car Loan | Car insurance